Saturday, April 20, 2013

At the Mill, 04.20.13

Seriously! It's past mid April and there were snow flurries!! Windy and cold and miserable out there. The sun would make an appearance from time to time, but mainly hid behind the clouds.

We had several newbies out there today actively participating! We had the normal seasoned pack of sidewalk counselors there as well.

Because we're getting more folks out there, we are probably going to be able to have two shifts out  on the sidewalk! We haven't really been able to stay for when women come out after their abortions. Occasionally a couple will filter out, but we aren't able to talk to them all. So this is good news!! The Lord is raising up more sidewalk counselors to better serve these men and women!!

We all had a couple interesting interactions today.

Ezekiel 3:18-19 If I say to the wicked, You shall surely die—and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade the wicked from their evil conduct in order to save their lives—then they shall die for their sin, but I will hold you responsible for their blood. If, however, you warn the wicked and they still do not turn from their wickedness and evil conduct, they shall die for their sin, but you shall save your life.


When I got there, the "fill in" abortionist was already there and he was talking to quite a few of the sidewalk counselors. I had to step back. I'm not ready to face him or talk to him. I heard him quoting Scripture and twisting it to justify his actions. I just stared at him, seeing the innocent blodd dripping from his hands, knowing that once he walks past the door, he will proceed with his normal business of killing babies. It was surreal.
I can't remember if

Then, one of the newbies, Nikki (?) saw a woman walking in SHE KNEW! The woman worked at the library Nikki goes to. She and her boyfriend (I assume) came out after not being in there very long. She said she was here for a friend. Buuutt... as Nikki and Kim talked to her, it seemed more apparent she was just giving them a story. She had sun glasses on and you could tell she was crying. And, she had on loose fitting pants, flip flops and a couple bags with her.
SO, not entirely sure of the situation, but they did leave. And they weren't inside for any amount of time for anything to happen... turn away?
I told Nikki she has a wonderful opportunity to reach out to this woman and love on her.

I tried to talk to a mother/daughter when they went in and came out. I'm thinking it was a follow up appoitnment. The mom turned around and tols me it's none of my business and to please leave them alone.
I got spit at, that was a new experience. She was very far away from me, but as I'm asking to speak with her, offering her help, she turns and spits towards me.

I read Psalm 139 to the people in the waiting room. I told them even while they are in there, God is knitting their child together in their womb and they are still providing nourishment to their baby. We are here to help, God knows their situation.




To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

139 Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
 
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.
Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!



In closing, I'd like you to watch this video. John Barros who is full time out at Orlando Women's Center got the opportunity to talk with a woman who had aborted her twin babies. She speaks about how it has changed her life and she is so thankful for her beautiful son she now has. She would do anything to take back what she did.
Abortion is real. It hurts women and kills babies.

Hear her story

Go out to serve the Risen and Reigning Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment