Tuesday, April 9, 2013

At the Mill: 4.0.13


Well, the forecast said it was supposed to be warm, but with it being cloudy and windy, it was quite the opposite. So, unfortunately, this was probably the first time I was under dressed for the sidewalk. Oh well, ya live and ya learn.
My mom, prayer warrior!
The Hatfields came out, along with Elizabeth (14), my mom (the prayer warrior!), and Shelby (15) came out for the first time.


Even before the Hatfield's parked, Christina got out of the car to walk alongside a woman coming into Founders. Christina has such a sweet and kind demeanor, and she is aggressive in trying to help these women. Qualities that are much needed out on the sidewalk.

Fellow Sidewalk Counselors this week included: Marybeth, Angie, Tracy, Kim, Susie and Tony was back from maternity leave (his wife just had a baby :)  ). A couple Friars came out as well, and Cecile came a little later. 

I got a chance to talk to Susie for a bit. She's been out on the sidewalk on a regular basis since the SWC training class. She has told everyone out there she had an abortion.
The first person that arrived she tried to talk to. As they walked away, ignoring her, tears filled her eyes and she said, "I hate this, I don't want to be here!" 
She had an abortion the first year it became legal. Drove out of state to have it done. She just wants these women to understand how difficult life is after an abortion. And, obviously, encourage them not to do it.
I told her she is needed out here. She can identify and relate to these women in a way most of us can not. My mom spent some time talking to and encouraging her.

Elizabeth and Shelby!
Traffic going in and out of the building seemed less today. Unfortunately, no lives were sparred. There was a couple I recognized from last week that came for her post abortion follow up. I called out to the man telling him I remembered them and I have some post abortive healing information I would like to give him. He just kept walking.

No one took literature.

We did have an opportunity to sing Jesus What a Friend for Sinners!

The only woman I got to talk to Saturday was bringing her daughter in to slaughter her grand child. She had a story that as she continued to tell it, was hard for me to believe. She was haughty and very matter a fact that she was here to kill her grandchild. Her daughter had lost 30lbs since the begining of her pregnancy (Grandma said her daughter was 2 weeks pregnant). Her daughter already had $1 million worth of testing, and the docters said her baby was killing the mom. So it was mom or baby. 
She was sad it had to be, she has 8 grand children already, but she's going to have her grandbaby killed and that's just how it's going to be. 
We asked her if she had got second opinions, my mom told her the risks of abortion and her daughter could die from the abortion. My mom went back and forth with this woman (my mom has been an R.N. for over 30 years), but nothing could change her mind. She was going to kill her grandbaby (her own words). 
My mom asked if she could pray with her. She obliged. As my mom began praying for her, the woman started saying, "yes. yes, yes Jesus, thank you Jesus."
I was going to start praying with her, but once she started that, tears filled my eyes and I had to walk further down the sidewalk. I was so angry, I couldn't speak to her anymore. How can you thank Jesus as your daughter is inside waiting to kill your grandchild?? I didn't have much motivation to stay after that. 
Elizabeth and Shelby came to me crying. They could not believe how wicked that woman was, speaking of her grandchild in that way. 
Faithful Soldiers


I read Scripture from Matthew 6:25-34“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin,  yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

After reading, I spoke to the people inside, letting them know God knows their needs, He knows their situation. If they come out of there, repent, and trust in Jesus, God will take care of them.
One woman kept looking out at me from the window, I waved my hand for her to come out and talk to me, she just gave me the bird. 


The Holy Spirit is manifesting itself in angry workers of the Mill. 
Here is Kim's observation on a unique situation that happened at Founders:

Saturday was interesting to say the least at Founders. We must be stirring things up inside. Had an employee (the gal that drives the white truck that always parks in the driveway) come out cussing at all of us out front and out back that we had to keep moving and that we couldn't just stand there. Sorry that the young girls heard some f-bombs. They must have said something to Officer Regina because she called back-up...Detective Roger Dickinson. He assured us that we were doing what we legally could do....which we already knew we were. Apparently the workers need a lesson in the law. He did say that if there is ever a new officer out there, they may not be totally familiar with where all we can go and not much experience with "protestors" and the employees might take advantage of that. He said if the officers ever ask us to do something that we know isn't right....just do it and call him or one of the other detectives and they can come down. Nice to know they have our back. I also noticed someone looking out one of the front windows (not the front door) when I was talking to a lady. Gave her a little wave to let her know I saw her. POWER OF PRAYER!!!!


That has NEVER happened since I have been going there mid- December. God is at work!!

After our time was done at the Mill, I took everyone home, changed clothes and headed out to Cincinnati to help out my AHA (Abolish Human Abortion) friends with their table at the Midwest Homeschool Convention!

Abolish Human Abortion
A couple of them I met being out at Founders, the rest I had only met on Facebook. So it was nice to connect with them, hear their stories and get to know all of them a little better.
A lot of people they met at the convention were very encouraged at how active they were in the fight against abortion.

I had my ideas of people who hold signs in public places featuring aborted and dismembered babies, signs with "protesting" words on them. I just always looked at "those people" as hyperactive angry protestors. 
At least with this group of AHA folks, that is absolutly not the case. These folks love the Lord and want to obey His word in all areas of their lives. They are passionate about saving the unborn. They do more than just vote every 4 years, go to March for Life, write a check. (not to discount these things, they are a piece of the puzzle) They labor for these babies. 
Holding graphic images of aborted babies in public arenas is based on Ephesians 5:11-  Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead, expose them. 

Seeding the Culture
I love John Piper's quote: If we were made to watch a doctor pull off the little baby's legs and arms one by one and place them on the table like a dentist removing cotton from your mouth - if all Americans were made to see what it really is, the pro-life goal of abortion being unthinkable (not just illegal) would be much nearer.

Honestly, ending abortion needs to be on the hearts and minds of every Christian. Going out to the local abortion Mill is one way to do it. But reaching people waaay before they get to those gates of hell is important too.

I'm going to be participating (for a few hours) in a Genocide Awareness Project (GAP) at Columbus State Community College. There will be a big display that will correlate Abortion with the Jewish Holocaust. We'll all just stand in front of the signs and talk to people as they walk by. I don't really know what to expect, but it will be another opportunity to learn and add more fuel to my anti-abortion fire. :) I'm excited for this opportunity to seed the culture and expose abortion in hopes people's hearts and minds can be changed.

That's all I got for now. I think I left out more details than I wanted to, but I'm tired.
                                                                   To God be All Glory, Forever!!



Stricken, smitten, and afflicted,
See Him dying on the tree!
’Tis the Christ by man rejected;
Yes, my soul, ’tis He, ’tis He!
’Tis the long expected prophet,
David’s Son, yet David’s Lord;
Proofs I see sufficient of it:
’Tis a true and faithful Word.

Tell me, ye who hear Him groaning,
Was there ever grief like His?
Friends through fear His cause disowning,
Foes insulting his distress:
Many hands were raised to wound Him,
None would interpose to save;
But the deepest stroke that pierced Him
Was the stroke that Justice gave.

Ye who think of sin but lightly,
Nor suppose the evil great,
Here may view its nature rightly,
Here its guilt may estimate.
Mark the Sacrifice appointed!
See Who bears the awful load!
’Tis the Word, the Lord’s Anointed,
Son of Man, and Son of God.

Here we have a firm foundation,
Here the refuge of the lost.
Christ the Rock of our salvation,
Christ the Name of which we boast.
Lamb of God for sinners wounded!
Sacrifice to cancel guilt!
None shall ever be confounded
Who on Him their hope have built.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, beautiful post! The Grandma you spoke of has been there before with another daughter or the same one, I can't remember, having the SAME story!!! Very frustrating-they use this as a means of birth control! The girl could not have lost 30lbs she was super skinny as it was and did not have that kind of weight on her to begin with. Hope we never see her again! :(
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete