Monday, February 25, 2013

February 6, 2013

Good day to you all! I hope this email finds you in good health!


It was COLD out there on Saturday! I think the high was 21 degrees. Thank you for the prayers! My toes were slightly numb, but that's really all the discomfort I felt. I wore two pairs of socks (one being wool), leggings, jeans, several shirts, a hoodie, neck warmer, scarf, ear warmers, mittens, a hat and my big black down coat!
And yes, I could still move just fine!

Mark and Kim, faithful soldiers out in the cold.

Paul, Kim, Mark and I were the only ones out there Saturday. Some Friars came to pray the last half hour we were there.  Kim saw the Friars pull up and looked at me with great concern. She didn't want to look at the Friars in fear they would be shoeless.Not to worry, the Friars wore SHOES and boots this time.

I had met Paul briefly a few weeks ago ( I keep on calling him John- I can't get his name correct for some reason), and it was nice to get to talk with him in between trying to offer help to women coming in. He and his wife home schooled all 5 of their children. They live in Lancaster, so it's about a 45 minute drive for them to get out to the Mill.

It was a hard day. There were several couples that came in and you could see in their eyes it wasn't something they wanted to do. But they felt that was their only option. A man walked out to his car crying. Kim asked if he could talk. He could barely get out his response. Quietly he said, "no ma'am."

Paul got to talk with an Indian couple for a minute or two before they went inside. He told them about Kinder down the road and a few other things. They were not in the building for very long before they left. I hope and pray they changed their mind. She was dressed as if she was going in for an abortion. Loose fitting pants, a change of clothes, a bag...

A woman brought in her daughter, with her younger son. She dropped off her daughter, left with her younger son, then came back and went inside. I was shocked.

Right before we were getting ready to leave, another car pulls up. A woman is getting out of the car and saying I love you to whomever she was in the car with. We asked if we could talk to her. A man gets out of the car and starts yelling and cussing at us, telling us to leave his wife alone, we're all crazy. Mark and the Friars admonished him to be a man and protect the child that his wife is carrying. He yelled back and said he is a man, he's got his daughter in the car that he takes care of.
That tore me up. How can you look at the precious face of your child, and kill one, when your first child was in that same position, however many years plus 9 months ago.

It was a heavy time out there. I wept when I got in my car. I can't even type without tears welling up.

I am never discouraged (heavy-hear ted, yes) when I leave there, just more determined.

"Sidewalk Counseling", as they call it, is not for everyone.
And that's okay.
BUT, praying daily for the end of abortion, and all that entails, is something everyone should do. :)

We are at war with the seed of the serpent. Everyone has their battleground to fight on.
Rearing your children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Leading and/or helping your spouse, your biological and church family. Work.
There isn't one that is any more important than the other. It is all a part of advancing the Kingdom of God.

Being out of the Mill also makes me see even more so God's sovereignty. It doesn't matter what I say, how hard I pray... it is God who works in people's hearts, and if He hasn't already begun to soften these women's hearts, it doesn't matter what I do.

Pastor Mark preached about the life of David Brainerd this past Sunday. What a wonderful story of a man dedicated to the work of God!
One thing (of many) that stuck out to me was when David Brainerd found a group of Native Americans who God was already working in their lives. They ate up the Gospel message David preached!!
So I began to realize, among all the other things that need prayed for regarding abortion, I need to be praying daily the God will go before me and work in the hearts and minds of people I will come into contact with on Saturdays at the Mill. That the Lord will make a ready harvest, so that His workers can go to the field and yield much fruit!


Well, that's all I got for now.

Thanks for reading and praying.

To the Kingdom!
To the Restoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment