Monday, February 25, 2013

December 15, 2012

I ended up going to the Mill on Saturday. I went to Founders Women's Health Center on East Broad St. That is the only one (there are 3 in Columbus) that is open on Saturdays.
They are open Tuesday-Saturday.
Dr. Blank was the first doctor in Ohio to perform the first legal abortion. He has been performing abortions there since it opened in 1973.
40 years of abortions....
If you want, here is their website below. They state on the website their main service is abortions, but they also mention they give adoption referrals, std testing, annual exams and other various women's health type things. People go there for abortions. More than likely, their clientele have some other doctor they go to for the other stuff.
ANYWAY-
I shared my experience with some of you , but I just thought I'd send it out to everyone.
I was there from about 9:15-11:30 Saturday morning.
There were several "groups" out there. There were some from "Immaculate Conception" (Catholic group), there was a youth group from that place too for a bit. Then there was Columbus Right to Life (they are also Catholic).
I spent time observing people "sidewalk counseling" from Columbus Right to Life. A man named Mark ( he was probably in his 50's), a woman, Tracey, and a younger girl about 20ish named Katelyn. They were all very kind and welcoming of me. They were telling me about some of their experiences talking with the employees of the Mill, and people they talk to coming in as a client to the Mill.
There is parking in the front and back of the building. The sidewalk is close to the front entrance. They have people out front praying and in the back trying to talk to people before going into the building. So there is good coverage and several places to interact with people. The back alley and sidewalks are public property. You cannot step onto the parking lot or the facility grounds or else you will get in trouble for trespassing.
Founders has a highered Columbus Police Officer there at all times for the protection of everyone there (except the unborn babies).
What I observed as the approach of the people I was observing was:
There is a Women's Health Center that is prolife 5 blocks down on East Broad that gives free ultrasounds/pregnancy test, ect.
At Founders, regardless of what you're getting done, it's going to be at least $50.
So they tell the women about that place down the road as a better option. They tell the women it is something they will regret.
Onward Christian Soldier!

My thoughts on what I observed:
I commend what they are doing. Prayer is an important thing to do, simply our presence there stirs up something in the people coming in. They definitely try to avoid us.
However, the Word of God needs to be preached to the employees and the people coming in for abortions. They have darkened hearts, and the only way the scales can be removed is if God regenerates their hearts...
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
Romans 10:13-14
The Word of God, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is desperately needed there.
I think the Scriptures need to be read aloud there ( I think Psalm 139 would be a good place to start), and I think that men, women and children need to be there as well.
It is truly a battlefield and warriors of all kinds are needed.
"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."
Psalm 127:3-5
Mark that I spoke with there said they are coming into a busy time of year. The winter months are very busy at the Mill.
There were at least 7 women that I can remember, but I think there were about 10 that came there in the 2 hours I was there.
There are people there every Saturday. The Columbus Right to Life group gets there about 8:30-9 every Saturday.
I would encourage you all to pray, make an effort to come out to the Mill this Saturday ( I am hoping to start going there every Saturday morning). At least to pray and read from God's Word if you do not yet fell comfortable talking to the women.
** For the most part, the women were pleasant to us when they were going into the Mill, but there was one woman bringing her young daughter in that cussed us out. Just want to warn you all if you do bring your children. I still think it's a good idea for you to bring them even if there is a chance of being cussed out. The world is full of sin and it is our job as Christians to bring for the Light of Christ, but not everyone will receive it well.
I've only been there once and I'm ready to plead to the women to not go in that place.
If you think about it, there is only a door separating them from life and death. What would I do or say if they want to take the time and talk to me? I honestly have no idea. Trusting in the Lord to guide my words. I know I would tell them the Bible says that children are a blessing and are made in the image of God just like they are. I would tell them about Valiant and the Goldsmith boys. I hope to purchase some literature soon to hand to them.
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."
Luke 6:45
Laura suggested going there and singing some Christmas songs on Saturday. I'm not opposed to that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment