Saturday, March 30, 2013

At the Mill: March 30, 2013

The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear?
 The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1


Spring is here, and I'm trying to figure out the appropriate attire for being out at the Mill. I don't need my gigantic black down coat anymore, or my gray toboggan with a big fuzzy puff on top. Or my snow boots. I tested out some shoes I bought at Meijer, they didn't suit well for the concrete sidewalk.

Laura and Elizabeth came out with me today. We also had Kim, Mark, Marybeth, Angie, Tamra and Paul along with Jeremy and a man (sorry, I forgot his name) who had signed up for the SWC training class. This was his second week out observing. He is also involved in Human Trafficking ministry. The abortion industry and human trafficking kind of go hand in hand. :(

 I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before, but Jeremy RIDES HIS BIKE there from Reynoldsburg. According to Google maps, that's about an hour one way. Sometimes he takes the bus home, today he rode his bike back home.

It seemed a bit "slower" today. We were able to talk to quite a few people. Unfortunately they all went inside.

Paul and Tamra stayed primarily in the back. A couple workers came out to smoke. Paul got to talk to one girl for a bit last week. She works in the "sad room". The sad room is where the employee has to piece back and account for all the body parts of the baby after an abortion.
Paul shared the Gospel message to the two women. Offered the one girl the book, "Case for Christ" by Lee Stroble. He told them it was about a man who was an Atheist that researched the account of Christ and converted to Christianity because of it.
The women pretty much ignored him.

Kim talked to a girl and her friend out front for a minute. She was there for an abortion. Kim told her what happens to the baby during an abortion and the girl was very distraught after that. She and her friend went back to their car and called someone.
The two went inside and a little while later, a woman came up yelling and cussing at us. That woman was more than likely the girl's mother. These are assumptions we're making, but we figure she probably called her mom and told her what we were saying to her, and she came out to reassure her daughter and give us what for. So sad. Paul told her we care more about her daughter and grand daughter more than she does. It's the TRUTH!

The first couple that came in when I got there, Mark tried to talk to, he followed them all the way up front. The guy was angry and was yelling at Mark to go away.
Mark tried to admonish a man who brought in his daughter for an abortion. He came out, sat in his truck and read a book. Mark was telling him to stand up and be a man, how can he read a book while his grand child is being aborted?
Mark also tried to talk to a man who was with his wife/girlfriend? He said she was raped and he didn't want to raise some psychopath's child. He said he was a Christian (while cussing up a storm) and he was just there to see what their options are. He said he knew about Kinder and was going to go there also. I told him later when they came out to smoke that Kinder would refund any money they spent there if she carries the baby to term. As he pulled out a wad of cash he said he hasn't given anyone his money yet. I'm just letting you know sir, that place down there won't charge you for anything. He had quite an attitude and a sailor's mouth, but I wouldn't have considered him hostile. As weird as that sounds.

Angie talked with a girl who came in with a friend/sister, and mother? She was told she had some sort of cancer and it was basically "her or the baby". Several people told her to get a second opinion, that these medical diagnosis are often wrong as far as the life of the baby is concerned.

I'm re posting my sister Laura's experience from her Facebook page:
Praise God I had a voice so I could talk to one mom.
She was coming in to find out her options. She's 4 weeks pregnant and has a blood clotting disorder (Protein S deficiency/disorder), and thyroid disorder (I have an under active thyroid disorder as well), and she said the medication she normally takes for the blood clotting disorder can cause birth defects, BUT she could get shots (heparin injections) during her pregnancy. I shared with her about a mom I knew who had multiple sclerosis and gave birth to a healthy baby (her Doctor was very concerned for her & the baby's health during her pregnancy), I also told her of mom's I knew who were told that they should abort because their baby could have a health problem/birth defect, and they ended up delivering a perfectly healthy baby. I told her that with technology in the hospitals these days there is a lot they can do to help women and babies with complications, and encouraged her to do her research when she got home because the abortion facility might not give her all the facts. She did say that she has another appointment with her "home" doctor, so I took that to mean she was probably getting a second opinion, and we encouraged her TO get a second opinion.
There are a lot of routes I could've taken in that conversation, but I just decided to leave it at that. I reassured her that those out on the sidewalk aren't here to harass women, but to help them and give them resources. She seemed to be appreciative of the conversation.
The counselor I was standing next to on the sidewalk actually has a sister that had a similar blood-clotting disorder. She had 1 still birth, another miscarriage, and then found out that her blood clotting disorder was the reason she couldn't carry a pregnancy to term, so she started getting the shots, and finally was able to give birth to a boy, who I believe is 3 years old now.


I was able to talk to a few other people walking by on the street. They all were horrified by what was going on in that building.
I also talked with "Mr. Ralph". I usually see him walking by there on Saturdays. I formally introduced myself. He's probably in his 70's or 80's. He lives at a shelter close by and has been there for about a year and a half. There are three other men he lives with as well. He likes to get out and walk, go to Wendy's about twice a day. I asked him if he  had trusted Jesus with his life. He said he didn't really know about that, but he prays. So , I'm sure I'll get to talk with him more. He seems to be a sweet old man.

I had a chance to talk with a Mexican woman. She rode up in a taxi. She was there for a consultation. Her body language seemed like she was undecided and really didn't want to be going in there. She has two children and their father is in Mexico. She has to work to take care of her children and she can't take care of another one. I told her about Kinder, adoption, the emotional trauma she will experience after an abortion, increased risk of breast cancer. I told her about abortion procedures based on how far along she was in pregnancy, that it is murdering a human life. I offered to walk down to Kinder with her. She thanked me and went inside. I told her I would be out here if she wanted to talk afterwards. When she came back out to get in the taxi she didn't want to talk to me at all.


While I was reading a guy came out and walked down to me after I asked if we could talk. He was in there with a friend whose wife was in their for an abortion. I gave him information about Kinder, adoption, I told him abortion is murdering an innocent human being. I explained what happens in an abortion procedure. His eyes got big and he sounded a bit shocked and said something like that is bad. I asked him if he could get his friend out to come talk to me. He did. Neither of them could speak English very well. I tried talking to his friend, they started speaking in Spanish to each other and walked back inside. WE NEED SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO SPEAKS SPANISH WELL!!!

I began reading aloud from Ephesians 2 and talking about how tomorrow we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, Friday we remembered His death on the cross. It got broken up a few times because of other people coming in and out I tried to talk to.

Ephesians 2

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.




It was about noon and we were getting ready to head out and a girl walked out in tears, crying really hard. Marybeth gave her a brochure on post abortive healing. I tried to catch up with them to talk. I asked if I could pray with her, and told her there is hope, healing and forgiveness in Jesus if she repents and trusts in Him. I offered her friend a brochure, she didn't take it.
I burst into tears as I walked back to the group. We prayed for her that she would cry out to Jesus after this experience.
Abortion is murder. It's not a procedure someone gets done and just goes on about their day. Your body has another human being growing and living in your womb. This is a natural process. It is not a natural process to have a baby ripped or vacuumed out of your body. Your body is aware of the trauma. Her tears showed that she was aware of what just happened. That she murdered her baby. That woman will never be the same.

I would be right there with those women, if it weren't for Your grace and mercy. Thank you merciful Father for saving me. Thank You for sending Your Son to die for the sins of Your people. I rejoice that Jesus did not stay in the grave, but He conquered death and reigns on His throne!
Innocent blood only needed to be shed once

Oh dear Lord, draw this nation to you! Turns these parents hearts to their children!
Raise up more soldiers for this battle!!



Rise up Church and fight for these vulnerable, precious gifts He has given us.


No comments:

Post a Comment